REPLACEMENT AND INSTALLATION
Soffit and Fascia
Make an appointment
Request a free quote
What we do
Soffit and Fascia Professionals
Trust the re-roofing specialists to install, repair or replace fascia and soffits. Whether your home needs new soffits and fascia, or an uplift and repair, Kovar Contracting Ottawa gets the job done quickly, affordably and hassle-free – with our product and workmanship quality guaranteed. We help keep your home in immaculate condition.
SOFFITS, FASCIA & YOUR HOME
Soffit and fascia are the critical components of the roof that hold in place the eavestrough, protect your home and complete the aesthetic of your exterior.
Fascia is the “face” of the roof. It is a band running along the side of your home under the roof edge, providing a spot for the eavestrough, support for the lower edge of shingles and structure for the soffit. The fascia must be sturdy and well built to play all of those roles. Our installation experts will build your sturdy fascia system, whether your home requires wood and/or aluminum – we can even handle decorative-angled and designer fascia profiles to accommodate any eavestrough.
- Plywood – fascia board
- Aluminum – fascia board cap to ensure easy maintenance
- Colours – we have multiple colours available
How to tell if your fascia needs repairing:
Contact us today if one or more of the following is happening to your home.
- Your eavestrough has come loose – if your eavestrough comes off the fascia with or without the nails, this is an indication that something is wrong (maybe not the fascia)
- There is a gap between your eavestrough and fascia
- Fascia is buckling (bending out from the wall or sinking in to the home) – this indicates possible issues with the wood behind the fascia
While the soffit may seem unimportant, soffits play a major role in your roofing system and overall home comfort. The soffit is horizontal section under the overhang of your roof that acts as an air intake for your attic space. It controls the temperature of your home, allowing heat to escape from the attic in the summer and keeping heat in the living space of your home in the winter. This ventilation and air circulation reduces excess moisture and prevents rotting and decay.
- Crafted with regular and heavy gauge aluminum
- Available in several colours
- Choose from vented and non-vented options
How to tell if your soffit needs repairing:
- Squirrels, racoons and other critters are in your attic
- Sagging or rotten wood under the eaves
- Hot attic in the winter
Bargeboard and Box End
The bargeboard covers the gabble end of the fascia; its condition and design can change the look of your house.
The box end holds the fascia, soffit and bargeboard, and has to be sturdy.
We inspect the condition of your bargeboard, box end, soffit and fascia during the free survey and suggest replacement or repair where necessary.
REASONS FOR HIRING KOVAR CONTRACTING FOR YOUR SOFFIT AND FASCIA JOB
Few other roofing contractors in Ottawa enjoy a sterling reputation quite like ours. Working with us ensures that your fascia and soffit job is perfectly completed and built to last.
- Trusted and commended by homeowners across Ottawa. Read our reviews.
- High quality components guaranteed by Canada’s leading manufacturers
- A written 10-year workmanship warranty for all work.
- No upfront payment required, satisfaction guaranteed.
- Hassle-free turnkey services at the most competitive prices.
- Accredited by BBB (Better Business Bureau).
- A trained, experienced, and amicable workforce that respects your property neighbours, and privacy.
- All workers covered by WSIB (Work Safety and Insurance Board) coverage.
- A liability insurance coverage of up to $2,000,000.
FASCIA AND SOFFIT FAQS
How do I know my home's fascia and soffit are due for a repair or replacement?
Warning signs that the fascia, soffit, bargeboard and box ends need repair or replacement include: improper flashing, torn shingles, rotting wood, peeling paint, seepage or water damage in the ceiling and walls, and drooping eavestroughs.
Why is it important to replace a dilapidated fascia and soffit assembly?
Old, rotting, worn or improperly aligned fascia and soffit can cause water damage to the house. It could also allow birds, hornets and squirrels to nest in the eaves. Dilapidated fascia and soffits also make your home look old, tired and worn out.
Clean, sturdy and sparkling fascias and soffits will increase the lifespan of your roof and make your house look dramatically better.
What are the different types of fascia and soffit you offer?
Traditional soffits and fascias are constructed from wood and aluminium. Composite and composite materials like UPVC and vinyl are also available. We’ll recommend the best material to complement your home.
Can I buy my soffit and fascia from the market and hire Kovar Contracting for the installation only?
We do not recommend this. When we prepare the soffits, fascia and, well, anything for your roofing project, we can guarantee the materials, craftsmanship and installation. If you purchase soffits and fascia from the marker, we’re not able to offer you the manufacturer’s non-prorated extended warranty. In order to make sure you’re getting the best price the market can provide without having to purchase from outside suppliers, we guarantee price match and only use the best, time-tested products for your job.
I need a new eavestrough. Should I also replace the soffit and fascia?
Not necessarily. A repair or repaint could work. We’ll need to survey your property and inspect the soffit and fascia before making a final recommendation and quote. You can visit our eavestroughing page for more information on those.
How much will it cost to install new soffit and fascia?
Type of material (wood, vinyl, aluminum) and height will affect the pricing. Due to the fluctuation in availability and cost of goods we recommend requesting a free survey and quote for the most up-to-date pricing.
Get your free estimate today!
Got more questions? Contact us now for a free survey and quote!