Rooftop Snow Removal
Make an appointment
What we do
Rooftop Snow Removal Services
Call us at (613) 799-1704 to figure out the best option for you.
Heavy snowfall can create two types of problems:
- Structural damage from excess weight
- Ice damming caused when melted snow refreezes at the base of your roof, preventing snow from leaving the roof and water to be forced under your shingles and inside your house.
- Large chunks of ice (like the kind that dangle from your roof) are also dangerous should they fall off, injuring people or property.
The latter is most common in Ottawa especially in homes with blocked eavestroughs and/or downspouts, insufficient insulation or attics without ventilation.
- Safe removal of ice dams from your roof
- Installation of commercial grade heat trace cable systems
- Remove snow from your roof (and then from steps or walkways where it landed)
- While we are there we’d be happy to do your shed or gazebo roof also
Why Hire Kovar for Rooftop Snow Removal
Rooftop Snow Removal FAQ
If the Snow Buildup is Only at the Bottom Edge of my Roof, do I Still Need to Remove it?
Yes you should because if there is a thaw and there is nowhere for the water to flow, the end result is leaks and water back-ups into your home. There is also the risk of large chunks of ice that can fall off the roof onto a car or person. Preventing the snow from building up prevents ice dams.
Should I Hire You for Snow Removal, Heat Trace Cables or Updating the Insulation in my Attic?
Get your free estimate today!
Book Kovar Contracting to examine your roof for snow removal today or call (613) 799-1704.